Regular Furnace Services are important for several reasons. The Furnace Service procedure is important to ensure that all the appropriate areas and operations of the furnace are checked and diagnosed. Obviously, a complete furnace service has safety implications as well as extending the life of the furnace and bringing down your overall costs during the life of the furnace. So REGULAR furnace service is the key. You should have your furnace serviced at least once a year. That’s the Fortis B.C. recommendation. But change your filters every six months at a very minimum.
Furnace Services Check List
The following list will impress upon you the comprehensiveness of a regular furnace service. All these areas and functions of your furnace are crucial for maintaining its continued smooth operation, extending its lifetime, reducing the need for repairs, and, above all, ensuring the safety of your home environment.
- Check operation of safety limit controls
- Check temperature set points
- Check operation of thermostat
- Examine vent connector and inspect entire venting system and termination
- Lubricate blower and motor bearings
- Clean and inspect grill, fan and blower assembly
- Check blower speed and operation
- Check pressure switches and vent blower (if applicable)
- Inspect burners and clean if required
- Examine Heat exchanger for cracks or holes
- Check and adjust pilot
- Check flame rectification
- Measure stack (flue) temperature
- Check gas piping to furnace
- Check for Gas Leaks
- Check for Carbon Monoxide
- Check and replace filters
This list of furnace service areas should also impress upon you the importance of hiring a professional, well-established, furnace services company like Pro Ace Heating and Air Conditioning. Pro Ace has been in business now over 22 years and has a stable clientele of over 80,000 Lower Mainland home owners.
Furnace Services Critical Factors
Pro Ace is the only company to use Tablet Technology in their furnace services diagnostic procedure. Tablet Technology is a state-of-art analytical procedure for reducing errors in the furnace services diagnosis. Tablet Technology utilizes an orderly procedure to make sure that nothing is missed. It also allows for a home office technician to oversee the procedure as a double-check system. The technology produces a written diagnostic document listing the condition of all areas of your furnace, what needs attention, what needs to be repaired, the overall safety of your furnace unit and all estimated costs. The technician will be able to advise you of your best options for repairing versus replacing, and offer you some insider tips about the continued care of your furnace and schedule the next furnace services procedure. Here is a list of what Tablet Technology will provide you:
- A printout detailing the multi-point inspection of your furnace, including any instances of wear and tear.
- The safety condition of your furnace.
- Recommendations for your furnace servicing and maintenance.
- A clear idea of the costs and benefits of each recommended fix.
- Our digital furnace checklist ensures that our technicians do all the required cleaning and adjustments, as well as all safety inspections.
Remember, Pro Ace is the one company using this system in its furnace services procedure. You can call Pro Ace right now to schedule a professional, comprehensive furnace services analysis.
Furnace Services Considerations
All Pro Ace’s advice is free; we love to talk about all HVAC issues and concerns. Our number one issue is customer safety, followed by customer home comfort and keeping our customer’s costs at a minimum. All our work is guaranteed and conforms to all manufacturers’ warranties. We also maintain a 24/7 emergency repair service through all the four seasons. Pro Ace Heating and Air Conditioning is the pre-eminent furnace services company in the Lower Mainland.