Ten Tips to Save Energy this Vancouver Summer
Pro Ace wants to give Vancouverites some helpful tips to lower their energy bills while keeping cool this summer:
- Remember that the air conditioner is one of the biggest power consumers in your home. Consider buying a new energy efficient air conditioner to save energy.
- If you’re not ready for a new unit, remember to have your system serviced to make sure it is operating efficiently.
- Remember to clean the air conditioner filters out regularly as well.
- Keep windows and doors closed when using the air conditioner. Don’t let the cool air escape outside.
- Also remember to check that your home is properly insulated. Consider having a professional look to see if it can be improved in your home.
- You can also close curtains and blinds to help keep cool air inside and warm light from shining in.
- Turn off excess electrical devices – their operation can build up heat.
- For central air units, or heat pumps especially, remember to have your duct system cleaned. Removing the dust and debris will help cool air circulate more effectively.
- Remember not to block the air conditioner.
- Call Pro Ace for your repairs and service for your Air Conditioner – phone us at 604-293-3770 – we will fix any problem and get your system working again.