ProAce Heating and Cooling in Vancouver BC wants to give you some helpful tips to lower your Vancouver air conditioning energy bill this summer:
- Remember that even in Vancouver, air conditioning is one of the biggest power consumers in your home. Consider buying a new energy efficient air conditioner to save energy.
- If you’re not ready for a new unit, remember to have your air conditioning system serviced to make sure it is operating efficiently.
- Remember to clean the air conditioner filters out regularly as well.
- Keep windows and doors closed when using the air conditioner. Don’t let the cool air escape outside.
- Also remember to check that your home is properly insulated. Consider having ProAce look to see if it can be improved in your home.
- You can also close curtains and blinds to help keep cool air inside and warm light from shining in.
- Turn off excess electrical devices – their operation can build up heat.
- For central air units or heat pumps, especially, remember to have your duct system cleaned. Removing the dust and debris will help cool air circulate more effectively.
- Remember not to block the air conditioner.
- Call ProAce for your repairs and service for your air conditioner – we will fix any problem and get your system working again.
Have a cool summer, Vancouver!