With only one month of summer left to enjoy, it’s now or never to make the most out of your home pool. Pool Heaters keep the water warm and your hot tubs hot, but are also an important home HVAC system. They need to be maintained and serviced annually to keep them in their best condition. Keeping the HVAC system in good working condition will keep the energy bill down and will help you to avoid preventable problems that might otherwise require a professional. But there are also many things that you can do to help keep your system in great condition:
- Always remember to quickly inspect the system before and after using it to ensure that there are no water leaks. Because the system is undoubtedly near your pool, be sure not to mistake an ordinary puddle for a leak, so check carefully. If you do find a leak, shut the system down immediately, and contact a Pro Ace HVAC technician to fix the leak.
- Frequently check PH levels in the water to ensure that they are at appropriate levels. Experts usually recommend a PH level between 7.2 to 7.8, but this may vary depending on your pool. The PH scale goes from 0 to 14, with 0 being very acidic and 14 being extreme alkalinity. Check for the appropriate method to adjust PH levels for your pool if your numbers are off.
- Always make sure that the water is getting filtered properly. This is both for the cleanliness of the water in your pool and the health of your Pool Heater system. If your pool water is ever dirty or debris is clearly getting past your filter system, you should contact Pro Ace Plumbing and Heating to replace the filter or find and fix the problem.
- Remember to leave the power switch in the on position when the pool heater is in use. This one should be obvious, but you might be surprised how often that it is forgotten. Leaving the power switch on helps to keep the system heating efficiently and will leave the waters at the desired temperature without wild variations.
- Finally, when winter starts to close in, it is extremely important to remember to cover your boiler for the cold months. A thick tarp or blanket can make a world of difference in keeping the heating system safe from frigid winter air. The cold can be harmful, and might lead to repairs and maintenance if your pool heater system if forced to go the winter without cover and protection from the chill.
Of course, there is always more that can be done, but these tips will go a long way to making sure that your pool heater is working great for years to come. Pro Ace Plumbing and Heating is happy to provide service for any Pool Heater problems that you might have, and we are available over the phone if you want to know more or ask any questions about pool heaters. Enjoy the summer sun!